05/01/2012: CFO LAUNCHES 2012 PRESIDENTIAL AWARDS
Tuesday, 03 January 2012
CFO LAUNCHES 2012 PRESIDENTIAL AWARDS
Since 1991, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) has spearheaded the biennial Gawad ng Pangulo Awards. It was institutionalized under E.O.498 issued by former President Corazon C. Aquino to honor and recognize overseas Filipinos who have selflessly supported relief, rehabilitation and development programs in the home country. The roster of awardees now includes some 338 overseas Filipino individuals, organizations and their foreign partners, who have been a source of pride and have significantly contributed to the betterment of Filipino communities here and abroad.
The Presidential Awards highlight the time-honored Filipino values of PAKIPAGKAPWA, PAGTUTULUNGAN and PAGKAKAISA. The four (4) award categories:
- Lingkod sa Kapwa Pilipino (Linkapil Award) – for overseas Filipino associations or individuals with exceptional or significant contributions to Philippine reconstruction, progress and development
- Banaag Award – for overseas Filipino individuals or associations for their contributions in advancing the cause of &/or have significantly benefited overseas Filipino communities or sectors
- Kaanib Award – for foreign individuals or organizations with exceptional or significant contributions to Philippine reconstruction, progress and development, &/or have significantly benefited a sector or community in the Philippines, or advanced the cause of overseas Filipino communities
- Pamana ng Pilipino Award – for overseas Filipinos who have demonstrated the talent and industry of the Filipino and brought honor and recognition to the country through excellence and distinction in the pursuit of their work or profession.
- Any individual or organization (Filipino or foreign), based in the Philippines or overseas may submit nominations for the awards.
- Former nominees who are not recipients of the award may be re-nominated under the same or different category.
- Individuals or organizations may not be nominated in more than one category (the Secretariat reserves the right to reclassify nominations as needed)
- If an individual and his/her organization are nominated to the same category, the primacy of the organization is upheld.
- Only one award can be given to a person or organization for the same activities.
- Awards may be given posthumously.
- Nominations may be submitted to the Commission on Filipinos Overseas or to the Awards Committee of any Philippine embassy or consulate. Online nominations can be done through www.cfo.gov.ph.
- Awards ceremonies will be held at the Malacanan Palace in December 2012.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
15 June 2012
Commission on Filipinos Overseas, Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue cor. Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway) Manila, Philippines 1007.