29/08/2013: ADVISORY: UPDATE ON TROPICAL STORM MARING (INTERNATIONAL CODE TRAMI)
The Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco wishes to provide the public with the latest update of the effects of Tropical Strom Maring (International Code: Trami), and the monsoon rains that coincided with it, which made a landfall in Philippine territory on 19 August 2013:
- TS Maring left the Philippine Area of Responsibility on 10:00 a.m. of 21 August 2013.
- As of 27 August 2013, a total of 25 people were reported dead, 30 injured and 3 are still missing, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC).
- The number of families affected by the typhoon is now at 643, 281.
- Damages to agriculture and infrastructure have now reached a total cost of PhP 633,082,850.88.
- The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has released PhP 119.7M worth of relief assistance for the victims of TS Maring.
In reply to several queries on donations, below is a list of the contact details and account numbers of agencies which accept donations for the victims of TS Maring:
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Center (NDRRMC)
- The NDRRMC, Philippine Red Cross and DSWD have indicated that monetary donations are the most flexible at this time.