17/10/2013: PHILIPPINE FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER EXAMINATIONS TO BE HELD ON 15 DECEMBER 2013
The Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BFSE) will be holding a second Foreign Service Officers Examination on 15 December 2013. Successful candidates will be appointed in the position of Foreign Service Officers Class IV.
Among the duties of a Foreign Service Officer are:
- Gathering information, analyzing and reporting political, economic, technological, cultural events and developments;
- Preparing briefing papers and other foreign policy papers for the DFA and other Philippine Government offices, as may be required;
- Assisting in the preparation and conduct on international conferences;
- Promoting Philippine culture, trade and investment, and tourism;
- Performing Consular functions; and
- Representing the Philippines in international fora.
Interested Filipinos must be knowledgeable on Philippine political, economic and social conditions. They must possess facility in oral and written communications and be willing and able to accept assignments to any Foreign Service Post where their services may be required.
For a more detailed information on Foreign Service Officer Examinations please see the BFSE FSO Examinations Announcement. Applications forms may be downloaded from DFA's website www.dfa.gov.ph. Applicants may submit their complete applications on or before 08 November 2013 to the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco, 447 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94108.