29/10/2013: UPDATES ON THE PAG-IBIG HOME DEVELOPMENT MUTUAL FUND
The Pag-IBIG Home Development Mutual Fund is pleased to announce that it is now bigger, better and faster. In 2012, dividend earnings reached 4.17%, crediting a total amount of PhP 9.28 B to the accounts of Pag-IBIG members, tax-free. On the other hand, members under the Modified Pag-IBIG 2, a voluntary savings program for members who wish to save more than the minimum savings, earned a dividend of 4.67%.
Pag-IBIG's loan programs have also been developed to be more accessible and affordable to members. The loans available to members are as follows:
- Multi-Purpose Loan Program (MLP) - may be used to provide immediate assistance to finance needs such as minor home improvement or repair, health and wellness, livelihood, educational expenses, etc.
- Calamity Loan Program - may be used to provide relief to members affected by recent calamities. Its interest rate per annum has been reduced to 5.95%
- Housing Loan - maximum loan amount is PhP 6 M with an interest rate of 7.98% per annum.
- Affordable Housing Loan - offered tomembers who are minimum wage earners. Interest rate for this loan ranges from 4.5% to 6.5% per annum.
In January 2010, Republic Act 9676, also known as the Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009 (HDMF Law of 2009) was implemented, thereby expanding the mandatory Fund coverage to include the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW). At present, 24% or 3.144 million of the 12.864 million Pag-IBIG members are OFWs.
The Pag-IBIG Membership Program for Filipinos Abroad aims to provide Filipinos who are working and living abroad the opportunity to save and avail of Pag-IBIG's housing loan program. OFWs, Filipino immigrants and even kababayans who are permanent residents or naturalized citizens of foreign countries may register as Pag-IBIG members. Membership Registration may be accomplished online by doing the following steps:
- Log on to www.pagibigfund.gov.ph
- Click "e-services" and select "Membership Registration" button
- Select the "Online Membership Registration"option
- Choose the "Register as New Member" button and click "Continue"
- Enter the word you will see in the box
- You can now start the membership registration process by filling out the online form
- After successful registration, a system-generated Registration Tracking Number (RTN) will be assigned
- Click the "Print MDF" button to view
Upon receipt of the Registration Tracking Number (RTN)/POP Temporary Number/Membership Identification (MID) Number, which is issued upon registration, members may remit their initial and succeeding savings through any of the following modes of payment:
- Online Payment
- VISA/Mastercard - please log on to the Pag-IBIG website at www.pagibigfund.gov.ph for online payments
- Pay Pilipinas - log on to the website www.paypilipinas.com for more information and to register for a free account
- iRemit direct OnLine (IDOL) - please visit www.myiremit-idol.com for more information
- Globe GCASH - please visit the website gcash.globe.com.ph for more information
- Over-the-Counter Payment for Filipinos in the US
Members shall proceed to any Metrobank branches or remittance centers and remit their Pag-IBIG Fund savings. The OFW member has to quote his/her Registration Tracking Number (RTN). The OFW/Immigrant/Permanent Resident member will be issued the remittance confirmation slip as proof of payment.
Accredited Collecting Banks/Remittance Centers
PNB Remittance Center, Inc. (PNB RCI)